Well what a year 2020 has been for us all. Whilst it has been incredibly challenging, part of me feels very honoured to have lived through this extraordinary time. I find it amazing that only our world and the world of 1918 have experienced a global pandemic.
So, what did 2020 teach us…..the musicians and music teachers of the world…..resilience and belief. Belief in us, in what we do and in what we give to others. Musicians were the first to go and will be the last to return. To be told that singing is a not allowed whilst people can yell and scream at a football match was probably the lowest point for me. How do you explain to children that something that brings them, and the world at large, so much joy, could be considered “dangerous”. And yet, the kids hung on and so did we – Resilience.
Well, bring on 2021 I say. Let’s keep all the great stuff – the gratitude, the humbleness and most of all the giving and let’s embrace what the future holds. For me, that means get on with it. So, let’s chat about what is to come.
I have seen people over the last year launch new stuff. They put up those facebook and instagram videos that say, “I have something exciting to announce but I’m not going to tell you now!”. Well bugger that! I am not going to waste my time with the pre pump up post. I’ve got better things to do with my time like Build the Music Department of My Dreams.
2020 was supposed to be a lot of things, but for this business, it was our 20th year of trading. And what did we do…..not much…..why?……because we were too busy creating online content for our classes and trying to stay afloat as we watched our entire bookings disappear. So, now it’s time to move forward and 2021 is the time.
About two weeks ago, I had the great pleasure of working with Jade Warne – The Hipstermum Photographer. We had a wonderful day shooting some great new images for the new year. These subtle changes will just make branding a whole lot better. As for what’s coming…..
Well, here’s the list:
- Podcast – Weekly episodes are to resume in January with a different kind of focus. In 2021, I am going to start to unpack How to Build the Music Department of Your Dreams. This will include:
- How to change the culture
- How to write a 5 year plan
- How the Strengths Test can help your students
- How to identify specific teaching styles and what that means in the classroom
- KCMTV – I am hoping to launch my online Membership Option for 2021. It is here that you will have access to all of the current resources created by me. The plan is to create a portal that will give you access to these resources in an online capacity so that you can actually just teach from the websites created. It will have all the digital files needed and instructions on how to deliver the course.
- Online Courses – for you and your students. Some free, some not.
- Music 2 Resources – the release of some vital Music 2 resources including explanatory videos about HSC Questions and samples.
That should be enough I think. So, onward and upward for 2021 and I look forward to working with you in the new year. As we have become accustom to saying – stay safe, stay well and catch you on the other side!!