This is a fantastic 90 page composition diary devised to assist NSW stduents electing composition for the HSC Music 1 Course. Whilst it is designed for this course, it can be used as a general composition portfolio for any style of composition. This book is designed to be used by the composition student to record their research, investigation, class tasks, listening research and the process they followed to complete the composition. The book contains:
- list of HSC Requirements
- explanation of what goes into a portfolio
- bullet list of comments from previous HSC feedback
- guide sheets for collection of background information
- brainstorming records
- listening guide list to all the elements
- 10 blank listening logs
- internet research record sheets
- record sheets to identify performing media and it’s importance
- 25 blank journal entries
- an information section on scoring including instrument score layout, rock music score layout, guitar tab, rock drumming notation, vocal writing and trouble shooting issues related to computer generated scores
- 5 blank guides to record feedback given and personal reflection
- 10 sheets of blank manuscript
- a final checklist.
This resource is not a photocopy master and is intended to be used as the submission portfolio.